Sunday, February 17, 2013

It's been awhile...

I've definitely taken a long break from blogging. This was partly due to a variety of reasons, but nonetheless, I think its time to return. I still believe its important to record my thoughts and how I feel as I continue along my journey in life.

It's Reading Week now and I've just recently been at home relaxing. It's been two years, but I feel like high school memories have really, truly, started to fade. When I talk about high school with my old friends now it really does feel like the PAST as opposed to, in my previous blog posts, when I'm pretty sure I expressed the sentiment that high school felt like just yesterday. I don't feel so attached to high school memories anymore either - which is good, because maybe it means I've made some new ones in university now as well. Nonetheless, there's always a sense of tranquility and calm about being home that makes it unique from anywhere else - even if its going for walks by myself or just staying up late doing nothing in particular. Being at home makes me feel like all the responsibilities of university and living by myself are more than physically just far away.

I also recently came to realize in life that sometimes you'll be forced to make decisions without knowing all the information about the possible alternative paths you can take. This realization was definitely triggered by my job dilemma for the past few weeks. Finally, I think I've decided on something though - I guess, in some sense, I went with the safer approach. It was difficult though - choosing one option over another without knowing what the other offer truly was. But I guess sometimes in life you just have to take what you know you have. I don't feel particularly great about this job, I don't feel like its the /perfect/ job for me, but I know it is a good one overall.

It's a fine balance in life between not looking back on your choices and also questioning if you are happy where you are and need to change. On one hand, when you choose something or make an important life decision I feel you need to pursue it fully and not half-hardheartedly - you need to try your best with respect to the path you've chosen. However, if you never question whether you are really happy or not with where you are in life then you won't ever be motivated to change. Personally, I think people require constant change and new interests to really be happy in life. But that's something I think I should elaborate on in a later post.

The last thing I wanted to mention is that I feel that my goal in life is just to improve and connect humanity as a whole. I don't want money or fame or even to be well-known, but I want to change the way people think. I had a conversation with my friend the other day about how religion serves to create divides between people and there's so many other things like that. I want unification and progress of the human race for us to move forward - scientifically and philosophically. It bothers me when I think about, for example, how much scientific progress we could have made if we did not get into these petty human squabbles about the correct religion or race. Anyway, maybe that's kind of ambitious and cheesy. But more and more I feel like the things that I am truly passionate about point towards goals such as that.

Well, that's it for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment