Tuesday, May 20, 2014

High school poetry

Probably my favourite piece from high school.

Photograph

I see myself for a moment suspended in time
A frozen image of my life at its prime
Coated by a thin glass frame
I wish things could always stay the same

I see the tale that my features belie
Hidden by this great disguise
I paint a content expression on my face
So perfectly that it can't be erased

I see a backdrop littered with useless drones
A crowd for which no feeling resides
A scene which manages to ensnare the past
And capture it so that it'll always last

I see those who weaved in and out,
Those whose friendship only made me doubt.
Yet there is one observation I did not yet make,
Perhaps the only thing that can't be fake

I see the only person who's shared my laugh
Beside me in this photograph

No comments:

Post a Comment