Sunday, December 19, 2021

Resetting

It's been hard to muster up the energy to write this blog post even though it's been in the back of my mind for a while. In fact, I would say it's been hard to focus lately in general - no doubt the residual effect of probably the busiest three months I've had in recent years.

Somehow though, I managed to make it home safely. I'm looking forward to 2-3 weeks of catching up on sleeping, relaxing and doing lots of introspection and blogging. I would actually say this year was quite eventful and not in the senes of "external factors" (ie. COVID) like how 2020 was, so I think I probably have quite a bit to talk about as I look back on 2021.

But for now, I think I just need to re-learn how to relax. How to sit down and read a book or binge a video game like I used to be able to. I think I actually pushed myself too hard over the past few months - with a combination of school courses, work obligations and trying to date. The strange part was, it didn't feel too bad when I was in the heat of the moment but, upon coming home, I think I realize how hectic that kind of lifestyle was.

Anyway, I don't want to come off like I'm complaining because I'm actually not. I don't want life to always be easy and I think certainly did grow as a person and experience new things during these last few months. The worst case scenario would be if I was busy doing boring work that didn't really change my life in any material way, but thankfully I don't think that's the case here.

So, here's a list of upcoming topics I'd like to discuss more in the coming weeks:

1.) How I feel about almost finishing grad school and the fear of the unknown

2.) What I want next for the upcoming 5-10 years ?

3.) Reflection on friends and their (seemingly mundane and conventional) life choices

4.) Reflection on family, parents aging and how to cope with their (inevitable) death


Other than that, I'm hoping to really get back into writing. I've committed to finishing the first round of edits on my novel by the end of 2021 (and get to a point where I'm comfortable sharing it out with others), so maybe I shouldn't relax too hard...though this time it's all intrinsic motivation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment